Opportunities to advocate on behalf of the architectural profession abound. Your involvement does make a difference! Learn why.
Consider some of the following opportunities for AIA Honolulu members:
- Participate in one or more local AIA Knowledge Communities or Committees: AIA Honolulu members are actively working to share knowledge and address issues as they relate to topics of interest such as design, building performance, architecture for education, the environment, regional and urban design, facilities management, emerging professionals, and technology in practice. Click here to find out more about our local knowledge communities and chapter committees.
- Become active with the AIA Hawaii State Council, whose role is to advocate on state-wide legislative and regulatory issues affecting the profession and practice of architecture. Contact your AIA Honolulu Representatives to the State Council who are elected to advocate on your behalf. Give your input on current and pending issues being discussed at the Hawaii State Legislature.
- Get involved with issues that matter to you and your practice: Explore resources on Key Issue Areas AIA is following (such as Permit Streamlining and Project Delivery). Read the AIA Federal Issue Briefs.
- Stay current: Read the The ANGLE, a bi-weekly news and analysis from the AIA Government Advocacy Team. This e-newsletter is a free AIA member benefit.
- Attend Chapter programs: Get to know your Chapter leadership and fellow members; participate in programs and share your views. View Upcoming Events.