BUILDING VOICES: an ideas + action festival focused on DESIGN
This event, presented by University of Hawaii at Manoa School of Architecture, includes a symposium, competition/exhibition and partnered events that gather political leaders, practitioners, faculty, students, and the community to talk about critical issues facing Hawaii.
The Building Voices Design Competition is a single-stage international design competition seeking innovative solutions that address Hawai‘i’s unique geographic location, cultural richness, global visibility, and ecological diversity.
We seek new ideas for buildings, environments, landscapes, community programs, infrastructures, product designs, network concepts, service design offerings, transportation solutions, among others.
Prototypical solutions should be uniquely suited for Hawai’i and shareable globally.
Entering the competition is free.
The competition deadline is April 5, 2017 at noon, Hawai‘i Standard Time.
On behalf of the BUILDING VOICES DESIGN COMPETITION team we are proud to announce a jury of notable professionals, academics, and public officials that will decide the competition winners:
· Xavier Vendrell, Rural Studio, Alabama
· Joseph J. Ferraro, FAIA, Ferraro Choi and Associates, Ltd., Honolulu
· Healoha Johnston, Honolulu Museum of Art
· Kūha‘o Zane, Sig Zane and SigZaneKaia, Hilo
· Andrew Tang, City and County of Honolulu
· Aljoša Dekleva, Dekleva Gregoric Architects, Slovenia
· Daniel Vasini, West 8, New York
· Rebecca Buck, Amazon, San Francisco
· Clement Blanchet, Clément Blanchet Architecture, Paris
· Annie Nguyen, US digital Service at the White House
For more information visit https://www.buildingvoices.org/