Click HERE to Register for this Series Starting Feb 7, 2023!
Join AIA Honolulu in becoming a part of the climate change solution by participating in the AIA + 2030 Series Certificate Program (20 HSW)
Online registration automatically enrolls you for the entire 10-weeks program (Max 50). Attendance at all sessions provides you with a certification of completion.
Throughout 10 free, in-person sessions, learning groups will focus on demystifying the barriers of entry to the Architecture 2030 Challenge, building core literacy on the tenants of decarbonization, and discussing the impacts of carbon neutral design specific to our island community.
The 2030 Commitment aligns with both national and local strategic goals. Architects have a responsibility to society to design with the future in mind, and that responsibility is emphasized by our unique geographical position on an island.
Decarbonization action is needed NOW.
Participants will view all 10 AIA+2030 courses along with facilitated group discussions led by leaders and subject matter experts from our community to provide regional perspective and context to each topic.
Classes will be divided and tailored to large, medium, and small firms and facilitated by Honolulu signatory firms of appropriate scale.
Join us and gain the tools needed for your firm to join the 2030 Challenge and get to net zero energy and carbon emissions in the built environment by 2030!
PROGRAM OVERVIEW & DATES
Every Tuesday Feb 7 through Apr 18 from 3–5 pm at the CFA
2 HSW credits each (except the Signatory Party)
- FEB 07 Kick-Off Event: The 2030 Challenge: Goals and Design Processes, hear from local firms who have signed the Commitment
- FEB 14 The Power of Targets and Load Reduction
- FEB 21 Accentuate the Positive: Climate Responsive Design
- FEB 28 Building Skin: The Importance of the Thermal Envelope + Employing Passive Systems for Load Reduction
- MAR 07 High Performance Building Systems
- MAR 14 Daylighting and Integrated Lighting Design
- MAR 21 Role of Renewable Energy & Energy Storage
- MAR 28 Staying in Shape: O&M and Commissioning
- APR 04 + Embodied Carbon = Climate Action Now
- APR 11 Secrets to Success + Putting it Together: Achieving 2030 Goals on the Project and in the Office
- APR 18 Signatory Party / Earth Day Celebration (No HSW)
COST Free for all sessions.
AIA/CES LUs Each session qualifies for 2 AIA/CES LUs (HSW).
RSVP RSVP is required for planning purposes.
Sponsored by Victor, the CNA Insurance Companies, and the AIA Trust, providers of the AIA Trust Professional Liability, Business Owners, and Cyber Liability Insurance Programs.