PechaKucha Night of Design Presentations
20 Images X 20 Seconds X 9 Presenters
CLICK HERE FOR EVENT FLYER
AIA Honolulu is pleased to offer free and low-cost public events during April in the 11th annual celebration of Architecture Month in Hawaii. The month of events – inspired by the nonprofit organization’s 2017 theme “Our Urban Fabric – Design Honolulu”
Mahalo Pecha Kucha Sponsors
Food | Cocktails | Live Band | Prizes | T-shirts
Join us to Kick-off our Architecture Month in April by attending our PechaKucha Night on Friday, March 31 from 5:30pm - 8:00pm at the Center for Architecture.
Under the thematic umbrella of “Our Urban Fabric – Design Honolulu,” we will get to listen to inspiring presentations by AIA Honolulu member architects, interior designers, educators, fine artists and writers in the fast-paced PechaKucha-style: a total of 20 slides per presenter with only 20 seconds of commentary per slide.
PechaKucha Nights expose the hidden creativity in a city, organized by passionate and enthusiastic people of any creative field. It's a social network, held in over 890 cities worldwide.
- Martin Despang, Univeristy of Hawaii, Education
- Graham Hart, WCIT, Film/Architecture
- Brad Peebles, Photograph
- Erin Miller, Mural Artist
- Reid Mizue AIA, Omizu Architecture, Architect
- Ted Garduque FAIA, Garduque Architects, Architect
- Wing Tek Lum, Poet
- Andrew Tang, City & County of Honolulu, TOD, County Planner
- Grace Zheng, PBR Hawaii, Landscape Architect
Cost: $10 suggested donation at the door.