Interior Designer I
Bowers + Kubota Consulting
Type of Position
Bowers + Kubota Consulting is a full-service construction and project management firm with A-E design services. We work with leading organizations, often in highly structured and regulated operations, to tackle their most difficult and unique management challenges.
Listed as a National and Local Best Place to Work, Bowers + Kubota Consulting is seeking a motivated, reliable Interior Designer I to join our team. The Interior Designer I’s primary role is to provide interior design and production support to Project Architects and Managers to meet scheduled deadlines. Interior Designer I report to Project Architects on assigned projects and is supervised by Managers.
• Minimum intern experience in an architectural firm preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Proficient in Enscape, Google SketchUp or similar design visualization software preferred
• AutoCAD and Revit experience preferred.
• Ability to communicate through freehand sketching and illustration.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong work ethic.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Research and gather information for:
o As-built drawings, reports, or other pertinent documents for projects.
o Assist Project Architects and Managers with collecting data/ samples for, building materials, contract furnishings, etc.
• Review contract requirements with Project Architects to understand the deliverables under each contract phases, as applicable.
• Produce necessary plans and graphic documents at every contract phase, as applicable. The documents may include construction documents, diagrams, presentation materials, studies, etc.
• Revise documents per markups by Project Architects and Managers. The revised documents should be reviewed and backchecked.
• Participate in project Interior Design process as directed.
• Compile submission packages per the contract requirements.
• Prepare bid packages per the contract requirements, as applicable.
• Review and file construction Request for Information (RFI) and submittals.
• Conduct site visits. Prepare necessary documents for use in the field as directed by the Project Architects.
• Compile and file closeout documents per the contract requirements.
• Conceptual Renderings
• Finish and material palettes & boards
• Other miscellaneous duties
o Prepare miscellaneous documents such as meeting agenda, sign-in sheet, etc. as requested.
o Attend project and office meetings as requested.
o Prepare meeting minutes as requested. Submit to the Project Lead for review prior to distributing.
o Other assigned tasks as required.
How to apply
Please apply online at www.bowersandkubota.com