2018 Design Symposium
Building Voices: Livable Cities and Communities
November 13-15, 2018 | Honolulu, HI
Online Registration Coming Soon!
The 2018 Design Symposium is presented by AIA Honolulu, CSI Hawaii, the Hawaii Architectural Foundation, AIA Hawaii State Council and the School of Architecture at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa.
At the 2018 Design Symposium, some of the most creative architects, landscape architects, planners and design professionals in Hawaii and throughout the Northwest and Pacific Region will explore the theme: Building Voices: Livable Cities & Communities.
They will share with us how they Build the Voice of the Design Industry, through our primary symposium tracks: Design in Coastal and Extreme Climatic Conditions, Healthy Citizens & Communities, Community Mobility & Housing for All.
This comprehensive and collaborative event will consist of three full days of programming:
- Tuesday, Nov. 13: We will kick it off with the AIA Northwest and Pacific Region Leadership Summit and Annual meeting at the AIA Honolulu Center for Architecture.
- Wednesday, Nov. 14: The 19th Annual Pacific Building Trade Expo,presented by HonBlue, will include a robust line-up of topical seminars that speak to our theme and designated symposium tracks, as well as luncheon Keynote speaker Ed Mazria, FAIA. We will also meet and learn from industry product experts at the more than 200 Exhibitor Booths.
- Thursday, Nov. 15: The day will begin with a breakfast keynote presentation followed by a half-day of interactive workshops that expand upon educational programming from the previous day. Finally, in the evening you are invited to join us for the AIA Honolulu and AIA Northwest Pacific Region Design Awards.
Become a Presenter
Join us for this unique opportunity to Build your Voice as a Design Professional in Hawaii!
The Symposium Committee invites you to submit your workshop or session proposals. The Design Symposium sessions and workshops will be held at the Hawaii Convention Center all day Wednesday, November 14, and the morning of Thursday, November 15.
HOW TO SUBMIT PROPOSALS
View our Session/Workshop Submission Form with more information on what we are looking for and how to be considered as a presenter. Deadline is Monday, July 2, 2018 by COB.
We encourage you to craft an interactive presentation that focuses on topics relevant to the symposium theme and primary tracks: Building Voices: Livable Cities and Communities, Design in Coastal and Extreme Climatic Conditions, Healthy Citizens & Communities, Community Mobility and Housing for All.
Sessions and workshops that offer opportunities for participants to actively engage in thought-provoking conversations are most appreciated.
Strengthen relationships and grow your business through a sponsor partnership at the 2018 Design Symposium. This is THE annual event for leaders, decision makers and professionals from the design industry in Hawaii to set fiscal, organizational, and industry standards for Design Professionals.
The Symposium markets to thousands of architecture, landscape architecture, interior design, planning, construction, and other related design professionals located throughout Hawaii and the Northwest Pacific Region.
Sponsors of the 2018 Design Symposium receive direct exposure to key decision makers in the design industry through our symposium program, website, onsite signage, presentations, and verbal recognition. In addition, sponsors receive repeated exposure to local and regional design professionals in the months leading up to and following the event, via the Symposium website and electronic communications.
Sponsoring the 2018 Design Symposium presents an opportunity for stakeholders within the industry to highlight their commitment and support to this unique sector.
It offers your organization:
- Marketing opportunities and exposure during the entire life of the event
- Access to influential and engaged design professionals
- Connections with leading industry professionals
- The chance to unlock and share knowledge
The opportunity to support attendance of leading professionals from throughout Hawaii
2018 Design Symposium Sponsorship Prospectus coming soon!
Questions? Contact AIA Honolulu
at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 808.628.7243.