Urban Works, Inc.
Type of Position
BArch / BA Architecture
Urban Works Architects is a vibrant, forward-looking firm based in Honolulu. As designers and stewards of the built environment, we believe in the honest expression of program and materiality, finding inspiration in the vernacular, the industrial, the everyday. We strive to include a diversity of voices in our collaborative process to develop solutions rooted in an awareness of site, our social responsibility to the community, and sustainability – both environmental and cultural.
We are seeking a Project Architect with 5+ years of experience to join us in working on community-oriented projects that have a direct impact on Hawaii’s social and cultural landscape.
• BArch/BA in Architecture, at minimum.
• 5 years of experience in an architecture firm, at minimum.
• Architecture license preferred; AXP or ARE candidate, at minimum.
• Experience with building systems integration.
• Proficient in Revit for construction document production.
• Working knowledge of Building Codes, Accessibility Code (ADAAG), and Zoning Codes to perform code analysis for integration into project design.
• Experience creating presentations, reports, diagrams, with 2D graphic design and 3D visualization.
• Prepare 2D and 3D working design drawings in all phases.
• Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks.
• Research pertinent information, interview stakeholders, prepare layouts and sketches based on iterative studies and code calculations.
• Perform product research, assist colleagues with materials selection and systems research.
We are looking for someone who:
• Actively participates in the design process by articulating their ideas and asking questions.
• Exhibits good interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Embraces problem solving as an opportunity to evaluate existing design solutions and explore new ones.
• Exhibits a can-do attitude and a love for design.
• Is a team player, while able to work efficiently independently.
What you can expect from us:
• Participation in a variety of project types – residential, education, healthcare, civic, just to name a few.
• Direct collaboration, mentorship by senior staff and principals.
• Opportunity to gain leadership experience by overseeing junior staff members.
• Flexibility in work schedule and location. While a regular work schedule should be maintained, we understand the need for flexibility at times. Remote work is granted when deemed productive for project work.
Compensatory with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome a diversity of voices.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter, resume, and work samples to email@example.com.