Report from the Strategic Council
Q2 update from Jason DeMarco, AIA
May 18, 2023
The 2023 Strategic Council Areas of Study
The Strategic Council has determined the following topics for 2023 are the most pressing issues confronting the Profession and the Institute which are deserving of further inquiry and action:
- Health and Wellness
The Council has divided into Committees that will explore each of these issues in depth and produce a written report available with a summary of the issues and recommendations for the Institute to pursue. These reports will be available to the Membership in Q4 2023. Current Council Reports can be downloaded at the Council’s webpage at AIA.org.
Your Hawaii Strategic Councilor is co-chairing the Economy committee.
2024-2026 At-Large Director on the AIA Board of Directors
The Strategic Council annually elects one (1) At-Large Director to the AIA Board of Directors. There is broad discretion in electing this At-Large Director, but in no event shall fewer than two-thirds of the At-large Directors elected by the Strategic Council and serving on the Board at any one time be Architect members.
Interested individuals may submit a letter of candidacy and supporting materials on their own behalf or offer the nomination of another candidate.
Nomination packets must include:
- Nominee’s letter of interest, addressed to:
Neal Angrisano, AIA
Chair, 2023 Council Best Practices Committee – Elections Subcommittee
- Nominee’s resume
- Letter of support from at least one current Council member
- Supporting materials as desired
- Responses to following questions (NOTE: 250-word limit per question):
- How will you apply your perspective and experience to advance the goals of the AIA Strategic Plan?
- How will you ensure that the AIA enacts impactful change related to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion within the profession?
- How will your service on the Board will grow awareness of the value of the profession and prosperity for AIA members?
- All materials must be compiled into one PDF for submittal. The total packet length may not exceed 10 pages.
Deadline for submissions: All materials for either position must be emailed to StrategicCouncil@aia.org as one compiled PDF by 12:00pm ET, Monday, June 26, 2023.
(NOTE: AIA National staff is prohibited from providing letters of support)
AIA Knowledge Communities
Join an AIA Knowledge Community and connect with others who share your passions and commitment—and start a project that advances the profession and your work. Sustainability, emerging technologies, small business, starting or managing a firm—no matter your interest, there is one or more of AIA's 21 Knowledge Communities for you.
- They're your source for information - With webinars, workshops, white papers, newsletters, in-person events, and active discussion boards, you will find the information you need to stay on top of your interest areas.
- They’re about connections - Share your reports, help students, develop grants, conduct courses and presentations, lead a forum, and more with more than 94,000 members from around the world.
To learn more about which AIA Knowledge Committees are available, please visit the signup page at AIA.org.